The closing of the Commonwealth of Catalonia (Mancomunitat) by the government of Primo de Rivera (1923-1928) meant a hindrance in the initiatives for the improvement of education in Catalonia.
In spite of the hard historical times, there was a will to find alternative solutions for this problem by means of another kind of initiatives that could replace, as much as possible, the educational tasks of the Mancomunitat regarding those most disadvantaged: the working class.
Given this situation, a special Board for Industrial Teaching “Junta o Patronat d’Ensenyament Industrial de la Provincia de Lleida” was created on 11th November 1925.
Therefore, procedures were carried out in order to build a specialised school to send workers to be trained.
In February 1927 the Railway workers company offered their premises and company owners of the city were contacted in order to ask them for places where future students could carry out their internship.